How to Apply For IBEDC Prepaid Meter (Check Prices, Types & Requirements)
Have you been trying and thinking to apply for IBEDC and you don’t know how to go about it. This guide will answer your question of how to apply for IBEDC prepaid meter. The Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) has been the major company supplying electricity to Oyo State, Ogun State, Osun State, and Kwara State since its establishment in 2013.
Remember you do not always have to visit the IBEDC Business Hub every time you want to recharge. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to recharge your prepaid meter online.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Why apply for a prepaid meter?
- 2 What is MAP all about?
- 3 List of registered Meter Asset Providers (MAPs) under IBEDC
- 4 How To Apply for IBEDC prepaid meter using MAP Scheme
- 5 What is CAPMI all about?
Why apply for a prepaid meter?
The advantages of using an electric prepaid meter far outweigh the disadvantages, if there are any. The significance of using a prepaid meter is that it gives you total control on the amount of electric power consumed. No estimated billings. You simply pay for the worth of electric units you want to use. You can always decide to switch off high-power consuming appliances when not in use or even purchase the number of electric units you think will be enough for you at a certain period. Some people buy as many units as possible that can even last up to six months! The good thing about this is that no one can bring bills for electricity to your doorstep or disconnect your electric cables from the power source.
Two types and ways to apply for IBEDC prepaid meter
There are two basic ways by which your building can get metered by the IBEDC:
- Meter Asset Provider (MAP) scheme.
- Credited Advance Payment for Metering Implementation (CAPMI) scheme.
Now, let’s quickly proceed to discuss how to apply for IBEDC prepaid meter using any of the two schemes outlined above.
What is MAP all about?
MAP is an acronym for Meter Asset Provider. These are companies licensed by the Nigeria Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to procure and install prepaid meters for customers of electricity distribution companies according to the 2018 MAP regulation. The MAP framework ensures that customers can get their prepaid meters after 10 workings of receipt of payment.
List of registered Meter Asset Providers (MAPs) under IBEDC
- Computer Warehouse Group (CWG)
- Integrated Resource Limited (IRL)
- New Hampshire Capital Limited
- Mojec International Limited
- Tinuten Nigeria Limited.
MAPs permitted coverage area
How To Apply for IBEDC prepaid meter using MAP Scheme
- Visit the MSMS portal of the official IBEDC website to download and fill the prepaid meter form.
- Submit the prepaid meter application form at the nearest IBEDC business unit.
- Make payment to any of the authorized banks.
- After your payment has been confirmed, the prepaid meter will be installed at your residence within 10 working days
What is CAPMI all about?
The IBEDC uses the CAPMI scheme, a special metering acquisition system designed by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to deliver prepaid meter to those who apply for it within 45 days.
CAPMI is any acronym for Credited Advance Payment for Metering Implementation. It is a system designed by NERC to ensure customers get their prepaid meters delivered and installed within a period of 45 days. The system ensures the cost of the meter is refunded in the form of credit units over a period that is not more than 36 months.
How To Apply For IBEDC Prepaid Meter using the CAPMI scheme.
- Visit the nearest IBEDC Business Hub and collect a free form named IBEDC 74. You can find the closest IBEDC Business Hub to you here.
- Ensure you fill the meter form appropriately and submit (Note: A valid means of identification such as National ID Card, Voter’s card, International Passport, or Driver’s Licence would be required from you).
- Depending on your choice of prepaid meter, pay at any of the designated banks after getting the account details from the IBEDC Business Hub you visited.
- After making payment, make a photocopy of the bank teller and attach the photocopy to the IBEDC 74 form and return it to the Business Hub for registration.
- Your building would be metered within 45 days as long as these procedures have been successfully carried out.
Types and Prices of Available Prepaid Meter
|Types of Prepaid Meter||Prices (NAIRA)|
|Single phase PPM Split Unit Type 5/60A 240V||#24,832|
|3-phase PPM Split Unit Type 3 x 5/60A 415V||#53,820|
|3-Phase Whole Current Electronic Credit Meter 415V||#94,309|
|3-Phase CT-Operated Electronic Credit Meter||#221,891|
|11KV 3-Phase CT/VT Electronic Meter||#801, 108|
|33KV 3-Phase CT/VT Electronic Meter||#1,478,358|
IBEDC customer care contact
For more inquires on getting IBEDC prepaid meters, you can visit any of the IBEDC business hubs or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07001239999.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.