Common Yoruba Herbs, Uses And Their English Name. Need Herbs For Medical Issues? Check This Post Now!
Are you in search of helpful traditional herbs? Look no further as i have taken time to put together some yoruba herbs that are very effective that might be useful for you. These herbs works regardless of if you are black or white. Let us go straight into them:
Table Of Contents
- 1 Common Yoruba Herbs, Uses And Their English Name
- 2 Other useful herbs in Yoruba language:
Common Yoruba Herbs, Uses And Their English Name
1. Parsley (Effirin)
The English name of is Parsley, it’s alluded to Parsley in Yoruba. Parsley has such a significant number of medical advantages for a wide scope of side effects and maladies.
It is from Petroselinum plant, the parsley plant and parsley basic oil have been utilized as a characteristic detox cure, germ-free and calming, diuretic and operator for a considerable length of time in society medication. Starting at now, explored back up wellbeing claims about we have for the plant.
2. Cayenne Pepper (Ata Gun)
Cayenne pepper is alluded to Ata weapon firearm in the Yoruba language. It’s in the Yorubaland, yet in addition among different societies in Nigeria.
Cayenne pepper has got some numerous medical advantages; It helps processing, slow intestinal gas, stop stomach torment, including mending annoyed stomach, it additionally stops loose bowels and as a characteristic solution for cramps. It’s additionally utilized for heart and veins – to improve helpless course, to turn around inordinate blood coagulating, lower elevated cholesterol and forestall coronary illness.
Read Also: How To Get Rid Of Body Odour
3. Cinnamon (Oloorun)
Cinnamon spice is alluded to as Oloorun in Yorubaland. It medical advantages are; high wellspring of Antioxidants, advancement of heart wellbeing, contains Anti-incendiary properties, help battle diabetes and furthermore bring down the danger of malignant growth.
4. Mint Leaf (Ewe Minti)
Mint leaf is alluded to as Ewe Minti in Yoruba. It is a most loved spice. The leaves is a can be utilized in new or dried in numerous dishes and implantations. Mint oil is Always utilized in gum, sweets, toothpaste, and some excellence items. Medical advantages of mint incorporate assuaging of hypersensitivities and torments; it likewise forestalls gastric ulcer. It is useful for skin some different advantages.
Mint leaves (known as Menta in Spanish) are in the group of fragrant spices that are utilized to add explicit smell to dishes.
5. Spinach (Efo Tete)
Spinach is alluded to as Efo Tete. This plant is regularly utilized among societies and had tagged along path as a Herbal plant. To some culture, they never realized its medical advantages.
They just know it is consumable and it offers as they would prefer bud. On the off chance that you are one of them, simply realize that spinach medical advantage is hair and bone, asthma and malignant growth security, decrease of pulse, diabetes the board and advancement of solid skin.Image result for Spinach (Efo Tete)
Read Also: IVF In Nigeria: Step By Step Guide
6. Turmeric (Atale Pupa)
Atale Pupa(Yoruba) is alluded to as Turmeric in English. This spice plant lower danger of mind harm builds the cell reinforcement limit of the body and coronary illness. This home grown plant can likewise help defer maturing, forestall malignant growth and battle age-related maladies among others.
Intestinal sickness plant, turmeric top home grown ‘remedies’ for multi-sedate safe
7. Sound Leaf (Bay Bunkum)
The Bay Leaf is alluded to as Bay Bunkum in yourba.
– It facilitates joint agony from joint pain
– It gives resistant help
– Help with sugar level parity
– Aids in processing, decrease blockage
– Help in improving scalp wellbeing.
8. Marjoram (Efo Ewuro)
Marjoram is alluded to as Efo Ewuro in Yoruba, The natural plant can be taken orally in an increasingly thought therapeutic structure or utilized topically and in fragrance based treatment as a basic oil.
The inward breath of marjoram fundamental oil is to quiet the sensory system and, thus, emphatically sway your cardiovascular framework by improving the blood stream and bringing down circulatory strain. It is additionally used to treat runny noses, gallbladder issues, sadness, tipsiness, hacks, stomach related issues, headaches, anxious cerebral pains, nerve torment and loss of motion too.
9. Celery (Seleri)
The Yorubas call the celery spice plant seleri. This likewise a plant that helps in bringing down aggravation, diminishing the danger of malignant growth, lessening circulatory strain and help with forestalling age-related vision misfortune.
Read Also: 7 Ways To Quit Smoking And Drug Addiction
Other useful herbs in Yoruba language:
- Basil plant – Nchanwu in Yoruba
- Fenugreek – ewedu in yoruba, hulba in Hausa
- Hibiscus plant – Zobo
- Tamarind – tsamia
- Tumeric – ata Ile pupa in Yoruba
- Cayenne – Bawa
- Bean stew – Shombo in Yoruba
- Dark pepper – iyere in Yoruba, Oziza in igbo
- Prickly pigweed/thorny amaranth – tete eleegun in yoruba
- alternanthera nodiflora – Dagunro
- Butryospermum paradoxum – Shea tree – Ori
- Allium sativum – Garlic – Ayu in yoruba
- Capsicum frutescens – Tabasco pepper – Ata-wewe
- Lactuca capensis – Lettuce – Yanrin
- Bryophyllum pinnatum – Air Plant, Life Plant, Miracle Leaf or Goethe Plant – Abamoda
- Zingiber officinale – Ginger – Jinja, Atale in yoruba
- Dioscorea dumetorum – Sweet Yam-Esuru
- Enantia chloranta – Awopa
- Sphenocentrum jollyanum – Akerejupon
- Olax subscorpioidea – Ifan, Ifon
- Tetrapleura tetraptera – Aidan, Aridan
22 Lecaniodiscus cupanioides – Akika
- Lippia multiflora – Efirin-gogoro, Efirin-oko
- Jatropha curcas – Botuje, Lapalapa
- Jatropha gossypifolia – cotton-leaf physicnut-Botuje pupa
- Jatropha multifida – coral plant, physic nut or Guatemala rhubarb – Ogege
- Cymbopogon citratus – lemon grass-Kooko-oba
- Pterocarpus erinaceus – Apepo, Agbelosun
- Pterocarpus osun – Osun
- Pterocarpus santalinioides – Gbengbe
- Catharanthus roseus – Madagascar ruddy periwinkle – Apabida pupa
- Carica papaya – Papaya – Ibepe
- Dioclea scandens – Dasa
- Dioclea reflexa – Agbarin, Epe, Arin
- Lawsonia inermis – Henna plant – Laali, Lali
- Ficus exasperata – Ficus Tree – Epin
- Ficus asperifolia – Ipin
- Ficus capensis – Opoto
- Ficus elegans – Asoro
- Ficus mucuso – Odan-afomo
- Ficus thoningii – Odan-abaa
- Ficus vallis-choudae – Ogunro
- Vernonia amygdalina – Ewuro
- Phyllanthus amarus – stonebreaker or seed-under-leaf-Eyin-olobe
- Mucuna sloanei – Werepe
- Mucuna pruriens – Ewe-ina, Yerepe
- Alstonia congensis – Ahun
- Mangifera indica – Mango – Mangoro in yoruba
- Nauclea latifolia – Egbesi
- Sorghum bicolor – Poroporo okababa
- Senna fistula – Aidantoro
- Erythophleum suaveolens – Erun obo, Olu-obo
- Ocimum gratissimum – Clove Basil-Efirin
- Telfaria occidentalis – Fluted gourd – Ugwu
- Zanthoxylum zanthoxyloides – Senegal thorny debris or artar root – Orin ata
- Acalypha wilkesiana – Jiwini, Ewe larapupa
- Sida cordifolia – wool weed – Iso-obo
- Sida pilosa – Eesinle
- Sida rhombifolia – Iseketu pupa
- Thaumatococcus danielli – Ewe moi-moi
- Azadirachta indica – Neem, Nimtree or Indian Lilac – Dongoyaro
- Aloe vera – Ahon-erin
- Aloe barteri – Eti-erin, Ida-egun, Ida-orisa
- Garcinia kola – unpleasant kola – Orogbo
- Ageratum conyzoides – Billygoat-weed, Chick weed, Goatweed, Whiteweed – Imi-esu
- Abelmoschus esculentus – Okra-Ila
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.