How to Receive Moneygram Online in Nigeria. The money will be automatically sent to your bank account. In this article, you will learn How to receive money in person at a MoneyGram agent location in Nigeria. we highlighted the basic steps of sending and receiving money to Nigeria via MoneyGram.
MoneyGram is a money transfer service provider similar to Western Union. The company provides services such as money transfers, money orders and bill payment to customers who do not want to make use of their bank accounts or do not have one. Moneygram provides its service to individuals and businesses through a network of agents and financial institutions across the world.
MoneyGram was recorded as the second largest provider of money transfers in the world. The company claims to have operations in more than 200 countries and about 350, 000 agent offices globally.
Moneygram focuses on international money transfers. The company has tens of thousands of agents all around the world to help those who want to receive actual cash directly without the use of ATMs and automated bank deposits. As a company, MoneyGram has also built its reputation on international money transfers. The company claims to have more than 25,000 payment locations in Africa alone.
Table Of Contents
- 1 How to Receive Moneygram Online in Nigeria
- 2 Simple Steps To Send Money Online Via MoneyGram
How to Receive Moneygram Online in Nigeria
Before now, one drawback of sending cash via money transfer services is that they open or close with the stores’ business hours. This means that you may be stranded and in need of money urgently and not be able to have it till the next morning. However, Moneygram also allows you to make transactions online. That is, you can send and receive money online without visiting a branch office of Moneygram.
There are still times when it is necessary to hand over or collect actual cash. That is why money-transfer services like MoneyGram and Western Union have tens of thousands of agents in cities and towns around the world. Money transfer services can be a lifesaver, especially in cases of emergency when a family or friend in your home needs money urgently. Moneygram claims to have 350,000 locations around the world for pickup. However, transactions can only be initiated in the United States and a few other countries. Note that Moneygram is also used for fraudulent activities because of the quick and easy means of identification required.
How to send money via Moneygram
- When sending money from a branch office of Moneygram, you are required to fill out some paperwork. This can also be done online. After this, you will can deposit cash, or use your credit or debit card to give MoneyGram the money to be sent. You can also send money via your bank account. Moneygram also charges certain fees depending on the method of transaction and the location of the recipient of the money.
- MoneyGram functions as a bank, the company does not have to bring money to the destination of the recipient. All Moneygram does is serve as the custodian of the money and notify the destination branch that you have money waiting for you.
- When the sender deposits money with Moneygram, he/she will be given a number which she is to tell the recipient of the money. After a few hours or days, the recipient can go to the location of a local MoneyGram agent in order to retrieve the money using that number as well as some other forms as a means of identification.
In summary, MoneyGram works in a very similar way to your own bank because you deposit money in one location to be retrieved at another location. The only difference is that it’s not you retrieving the money but the designated recipient. This article provides you with information on how to receive Money online via Moneygram.
Ways to send and receive money at MoneyGram
Moneygram offers you many options with which you can send and receive money such as via bank accounts, mobile wallets, branch locations and online.
How to send money via Moneygram
Below are steps to take in order to send money online via Moneygram:
Go to the Moneygram website
Log into your existing profile or create a new account
Select the receiver, Let them know who the recipient is, how he or she would receive the money and the amount you want to send
Choose your payment method: You can pay directly from your bank or via your card
Simple Steps To Send Money Online Via MoneyGram
1. Select a receiver.
The first step to sending money online using MoneyGram is by defining the receiver of the money. At this step, you need to provide full details and description of who you are sending the money to, how they want to receive the money, and how much you want to send.
2. Choose how to pay.
The second step of the process is to choose how you want to pay. You can either pay with your credit or debit card or directly from your bank account. Payment comes with a transaction fee which will be determined by the total amount you want to send. You can use this MoneyGram Fee Estimator to estimate your fees before sending.
3. Send the money.
This is the final step of the process, all you need to do is to review the provided information and click the send button. For verification purposes, you will be asked to provide a little information about yourself (the send). Once this is done, you can click send and the money will be on its way to Nigeria in a matter of seconds.
How long does it take for Moneygram to deliver money
Usually, money sent via MoneyGram is ready for pick up in as little as 10 minutes after the money has been submitted to MoneyGram agents during its operating hours, and the transfer has been certified to be in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Recommended: Money Gram Tracking – Everything You Need To Know
How to receive Money online via Moneygram
If money has been sent to your bank account or mobile wallet. You do not need to do anything. The money will be automatically sent to your bank account.
How to receive money from Moneygram agents
Moneygram is available at agent locations around the world. You can easily find an agent location near you by using the locator tool on this site.
- Ask the sender of the money for the reference number associated with your transfer. The person must have been given a reference number before the transfer was made. The receiver must have requested for the reference number from the person who sent the money transfer
- Please note, the name of the receiver on the transfer record as well as the name of the person sending the money must be the name as the names on the official ID. This is to avoid fraudulent activities
- Visit a MoneyGram location. Remember to bring along the reference number.
- Take along any Government-issued identification (ID) that displays your legal name as a means of personal identification
- Complete the receiver form at the location and hand the completed form to the MoneyGram agent to receive your money.
Any of the following documents can be required as a means of personal identification. These are:
- Driving license
- National identity card or
- Government-issued identification
- Proof of house address.
- Requirements to receive money via MoneyGram vary from place to place so make enquiries from the Moneygram agent at the branch location about documents you might need to bring along and other details and information.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.