How To Win A Common Wealth Scholarship In 2020.Want To Study Abroad? Here Is How To Win A Common Wealth Scholarship. Check This Post For More.
Are you in need of a scholarship? Do you wish to win a scholarship? Then you are on the right page for this information. I have put together substantial information in this article how to win a common wealth scholarship and everything you would need to know about it.
Scholarships generally help individuals who do not have means of paying their school fees in paying or meeting up with the demands of school. In other words, there are different scholarships available in the world today. The one which we have a topic today is the common wealth scholarship. Let’s get started.
Table Of Contents
- 1 What is common wealth scholarship?
- 2 What are common wealth countries?
- 3 Who are those that can apply for the common wealth scholarship?
- 4 How can I win a Common wealth scholarship?
- 5 How To Win A Common Wealth Scholarship In 2020
What is common wealth scholarship?
The common wealth scholarship is one that is very popular. The common wealth scholarship is simply a programme that is considered to be international in which common wealth governments offers or gives scholarships to other common wealth countries.
The common wealth scholarship plan was originally drawn by Sir Sidney Smith who is a Canadian statesman. He made this known in his speech on 1st of September 1958. Over the years, more than 25,000 individuals have gotten awards and have hosted more than twenty countries.
What are common wealth countries?
People are often confused on what a common wealth country is. Here is a simple definition of what a common wealth country is. A common wealth country is simply a former British territory. Although, not all former British territory is a member of common wealth today. There are about 54 member states of the common wealth of nations of which Nigeria is a member state.
Who are those that can apply for the common wealth scholarship?
I want you to understand that not everybody can just get up and win a scholarship. Every scholarship board has criteria which an individual must meet to be able to win a scholarship. It should be noted that it is quite impossible for one to be able to win a scholarship if one does not meet up with the criteria. In the same vein, Common wealth scholarship has its own criteria on its own. Below are the criteria of the common wealth scholarship:
- If you want to apply for the common wealth scholarship, you must be a citizen or be a refugee in a common wealth country
- You must also be a permanent resident in a common wealth country
- You must also be willing to do your master’s programme in the United Kingdom (UK) when the academic year begins.
- You must be a holder of a degree with a second class upper or a second class lower and also a relevant postgraduate qualification which is usually a master’s degree by the time the academic year begins.
- You must not be able to fund yourself to study in the United Kingdom without the scholarship. This simply means that if you are able to fund yourself, you should not apply for the scholarship.
- You must have all the documents that are required in the format that has been stated.
How can I win a Common wealth scholarship?
Many people have often asked for tips and guide as to how they can win a common wealth scholarship. For this reason, I have put together this article. Below are some of the tips you would need to be able to successfully win a common wealth scholarship:
- Make up your mind
- Make sure you are eligible to apply
- Get ready the necessary documents needed
- Make an application and submit your application
- Make sure you fill in a United Kingdom based University
- Meet up with the deadline
How To Win A Common Wealth Scholarship In 2020
1. MAKE UP YOUR MIND
If you wish to successfully win a common wealth scholarship, the first thing you need to do is to make up your mind. This looks very easy but trust me, the process of applying for this scholarship is not as easy as you might think it is and many people do give up half way which is why you need to properly make up your mind before applying for the scholarship.
2. MAKE SURE YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
Once you have made up your mind properly to apply for the scholarship, you should then make sure that you are eligible to apply. I have said earlier that anyone that is not eligible to apply that applies would definitely not be considered for the scholarship. I listed the criteria earlier as well as regards the application for the common wealth scholarship.
3. GET READY THE NECESSARY DOCUMENTS NEEDED
The next thing you need to do once you have checked the criteria and you can certify that you are eligible to apply for the scholarship is to get the necessary documents. You are to arrange the documents that are needed in the appropriate order as requested when you want to apply.
4. MAKE AN APPLICATION AND SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
The next thing you should do once you have gotten the necessary documents is to make an application and then submit the application. Make sure that you fill in everything correctly to avoid stories that touch.
5. MAKE SURE YOU FILL IN A UNITED KINGDOM BASED UNIVERSITY
Make sure that you also fill in a United Kingdom based university when applying because it is required for your application to be processed. If you do not have an idea on any United Kingdom based university, I have listed some of the United Kingdom Universities you can pick from below:
- Aston university
- Aberystwyth university
- Bangor university
- Bath spa university
- Bishop grosseteste university
- Birmingham city university
- Birkbeck, university of London
- Brunnel university London
- City, university of London
- Cardiff university and so on.
6. MEET UP WITH THE DEADLINE
It is very key that one meets up with the deadline of any program he or she is applying for. In the case of common wealth scholarship, it is important that you meet up with the deadline and if not, such a person’s application will not be considered. It is important that you must have submitted your application at least two days before the deadline to avoid stories that touch.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.