Top Requirements You MUST Meet to Gain Admission into University. To gain admission into any university in Nigeria, you are expected to meet these six general admission requirements.
Table Of Contents
Almost all higher institutions in Nigeria have six basic requirements for secondary school leavers who are seeking admission into their schools.
Admission seekers are expected to meet all these requirements before a university or polytechnic could consider them for any program.
These same conditions are applicable to the highly competitive institutions and those considered as second choice universities.
University of Ibadan, UI, is one of such institutions that is very competitive and like other institutions, there are six basic conditions you must meet to get admission into any Nigerian higher institution.
6 Requirements You MUST Meet to Gain Admission into University
Here are the six requirements for admission in Nigeria
1. Mode Of Entry: Admission into FULL-TIME undergraduate programmes is ONLY through Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Direct Entry (DE).
2. O’Level Requirements: Candidate must possess five (5) credits in O/Level or its equivalent as required by the Department of interest.
3. JAMB Requirement (UTME Score Required): Candidates must obtain a minimum of 200 points in Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and Candidate’s details must have been forwarded to University of Ibadan by Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
4. Post UTME Screening Exercise: Candidate must sit for the University POST-UTME Screening and must obtain the required minimum score.
5. Admission Programmes: The University Admissions Office processes FULL-TIME admission into undergraduate programmes ONLY. Admission into other programmes like Foundation, Diploma, Distance Learning Center (DLC), Post-graduate and evening programmes are handled by other organs of the University.
6. Required Age For Admission: Candidate must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Copyright Warning: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.